Family Art Day.

Friday

Cuh-razy day yesterday.

This semester with my Crossbridge internship, I've been working on a community event at an elementary school. Famliy Art Day. It took place yesterday.

The families rotated through 3 different art stations and make little art projects together. Some of the students' art work was on display in the media center for the families to enjoy. We ended the evening with appetizers from Earth Fare and 14 door prizes of craft kits for the students and 2 publix gift cards for the adults.

3 months of planning 1 night event. I was so excited but breathing-into-a-brown-bag-stressed. The day before I found out how many students turned in their "I am attending" slip and we had almost 3 times the number of students we originally expected. Then we lost 3 volunteers.

None the less, the event was a huge success. We had 117 kids and parents and 10 volunteers. The families really seemed to enjoy it and the faculty members were excited as well.

Here are a few pictures, I might upload some more later. :)

(These 2 are pre-event photos...very clean.)

 
Welcoming the families:)

2 comments.:

Anna R. Williams said...

I love seeing you in action!! Congrats at your successful event!

kristen said...

Thanks!