Tallahassee is beautiful this time of year...however my head feels like it's going to explode. The pollen is awful.
Here are some suggestions I've found to help with pollen allergies:
1. Stay indoors. (The weather is beautiful)
2. Eat yogurt. (I try...but, bleh.)
1. Add the herbs burdock, dandelion and echinacea to your diet.
2. Add more vitamin C to your diet.
3. Try eating some flax seed or take some fish oil pills. Fax seed and fish oil helps rids the body of toxins.
4. Try foods with omega-3 fatty acids. (Found in fish, eggs, flaxseed, and walnuts)
5. Use local honey. Local honey will contain small doses of local pollen, which can help your body build up immunity to the pollen and provide a remedy for allergies.
6. Pollen is strongest in the morning until around 10am. So keep the windows closed until then.
7. Wash sheets and pillow cases often.
8. Take a shower at night.
9. Eat bananas to get added vitamins and nutrients like potassium to help fight off allergies.
10. Drink water.