3 months ago
This weekend I was reminded of my interest in India. I really want to go there.
book about Amy Carmichael that I think first inspired this love.
In 5th(?) grade my family and I (homeschoolers:) did a whole unit on Inida. We went to my mom's co-worker's house and ate Indian food and tried on clothes. Everything was so and exciting--the food was strong and the clothes so colorful. We even participated in a homeschool "Geography Fair" where each family picked a country, dressed up in traditional clothing, provided information, and served the cultural food (Super fun).
Later in (public) highschool, one of my good friends was from India. When we first met (in 9th grade) she didn't speak great English, but through the years became extremely fluent. I went to her house a couple times and talked with her about her religion a little.
My sophomore year in college, I took a World Religions class and learned about the Hindu religion, which is most prevelent in India.
Then this weekend, (at Jenna and Emilie's church) the subject of Dalits came up. (for more information about this check out elizabeth's blog!)
Looking back at all of this make me think I really need to go.
wonderful, wonderful, wonderful weekend.
Best friends. Photobooths. Harry Potter. Butterbeer. Pumpkin Bars. Sweet, little towns. Satchel's pizza. Good talks. Lots of photos...
So, for a while now I've been having a reoccurring dream (every few months or so) in which I'm smoking. It's super stressful because it's very realistic and when I'm around someone who is smoking (in real life) I'll get panicky and think "Do I smoke?!!!" and then I remember that it was just a dream. I had another one a few nights ago and had another panic attack today. So I did some research. Here's what I found:
"If you do not smoke in waking life and dream that you are smoking, then it indicates that you are trying to shield yourself and others against your emotions. You have trouble letting others in.
The dream may also be a metaphor for an addictive relationship or habit in your waking life. "
Interesting. I don't know how this helps me...but it's interesting.
1. I don't know why my blog won't update on people's pages. This make me sad.
2. My house is making odd noises.
3.I should be banned from Thrifting...
4. I can't get over how precious Anna Rose is. (I just spent the last few days at home squeezing her as much as possible.)
5. I downloaded a free trial of Photoshop CS5 so I could work on a photo for my printmaking class...I'm in love, but I'll stick with Photoshop Elements.
6. Here's more info about the 5K fundraiser: http://aleksas5k.blogspot.com/
7. The Help=good book
8. Tomorrow I will be spending a lot of time at a coffee shop with homework. (It has piled up since I haven't been to my two art ed. classes in a few weeks, (because of teaching in the middle school) and now all of a sudden it seems like everything's due.)
I've forgotten to add these photos.
Geese: Lucy(my favorite), Jamima, Amelia, Abigale, Boris, Uncle Waldo, Honkington, and Eggburt