I want to get a group of kids involved in this!
something is wrong with me.
problem #1: Recently I have become super clumsy. I thought that it was because I've been carrying large objects to class (big sketch books, drawing board, and art supplies-for 2 classes). It's quite difficult especially when it's windy. I usually end up stumbling into my class and barely making it to my easel or table before dropping my pile. However, I can't blame that anymore because I've started dropping things (even when my arms aren't full) and tripping and spilling things and running into things....I'm becoming accident prone.
problem #2: I've had to take different learning style tests for one of my classes. I've already mentioned that I had different results for the meyers-briggs test. I have also taken the Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic test and while I am mainly a kinesthetic learner there are things that confuse me (and contradict themselves) in my results. My mom said that I am a perfect example of how you can't expect people to fall into one certain category. I think that I'm just the exception to the perfeclty normal and always accurate tests.
(this is for you elizabeth:)
1. I've started reading Jesus Wants to save Christians, Crazy Love, and The Shack.
2. I'm possibly doing a report on The Shack for my world religions class.
3. I got confused because The Shack sounds like it's a true story...it's not. Here's an explanation.
4. I finished reading Confessions of a Shopaholic (technically this is my second time reading it...I read it a few years ago). (It's one of those easy/fun reads:)
5. I gave up reading Mansfield Park. I got annoyed with the people and decided to stick with the movie version.
6. I'm trying to stop biting my fingernails...(I figure the more people I tell, the more likely I'll stop... acountability and all that:)
7. I think that Toms Shoes are more comfortable with socks, but cuter without. hmm.
8. My car needs washed really bad.
9. I just bit my nails. =[
10. I was introduced to Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog recently...at first I HATED it (because I wasn't properly warned...Anna!) But now I like it a lot. I've decided that if you watch it expecting it to be good and happy, you won't like it, but if you expect it to be sad and depressing you'll like it...make sence?
11. Elizabeth don't watch it...wait for me...seriously.
12. I want to get a job at the Brevard Art Museum...maybe over the summer?
13. I just bit my nails again...oh boy.
14. I'm wearing rings and I painted my nails to remind me not to bite them. But I still forget...but I do catch myself and stop.
15. I just found out about Geocaching and I'm ready to go on a treasure hunt! (so exciting)
That's about it. =]
"Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves. When our dreams have come true because we've dreamed to little. When we arrive safely because we've sailed too closely to the shore." -Jeanie Curry
well, I am very excited because I found a combination of two of my favorite things: sales and books. I heard that my(neighboring) small town's book store is going out of business (or moving, can't remember which) and they were having a big sale! So I wandered around picking up book after book, literally shaking with excitement. I ended up with some good ones!
-Jesus wants to save Christians (which was 75% off because they thought it was a Christmas book-I didn't correct them)
-Confessions of a shopaholic (hehe)
-The 13th tale
-a book for my sister's b-day
-a really nice journal (it was $1.50!)
It was super exciting to leave with a pile of books and spend less than $25! Now I just need to get my homework done so I can read....
Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Work devotedly to meet their obligations and serve their friends and school. Thorough, painstaking, accurate. May need time to master technical subjects, as their interests are usually not technical. Patient with detail and routine. Loyal, considerate, concerned with how other people feel.
Retiring, quietly friendly, sensitive, kind, and modest about their abilities, Shun disagreements, do not force their opinions or values on others. Usually do not care to lead but are often loyal followers. Often relaxed about getting things done, because they enjoy the present moment and do not want to spoil it by undue haste or exertion.
I've taken this two different times, first P(perception) then J(judging). They're very similar definitions...
Am I quiet and friendly or quietly friendly?
"I love you more than ______ is an exploration into the wonderful world of love."
(some of my favorites!)
(Basically, they collect peoples answers (fill in the blanks) and make pretty hearts...I don't know what they do after that...)
I would put:
I love you more than...a perfect haircut.
I love you more than...a 7/11 slurpee.
What would you put?
“May God bless you with a restless discomfort about easy answers, half-truths and superficial relationships, so that you may seek truth boldly and love deep within your heart. May God bless you with holy anger at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people, so that you may tirelessly work for justice, freedom, and peace among all people. May God bless you with the gift of tears to shed with those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation, or the loss of all that they cherish, so that you may reach out your hand to comfort them and transform their pain into joy. May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really can make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God’s grace, to do what others claim.” -The Franciscan Blessing
It's 11:11...I wished for you. =]
...I'm going to bed. I don't care if the towels are still wet. goodnight.
Buzzing in my head
Saying in the shadows it’s easier to stay
But I’ve heard rumours of true reality
Whispers of a well-lit way
(Shadowfeet, Brooke Fraser)
I have recently had little beautiful moments in my life that reminded me to be content where I am in life. To be more than content actually, to love where I am. So many things pull me down but then I stop and take a closer look I find little windows of hope and encouragement.
One of these moments was when I went ice skating a few weeks ago. Our church had a family skating event(?) and I went with my step family =] and 2 of my sisters. While there I skated (and fell) with a bunch of my little 3rd and 4th grade small group girls. It was a lot of fun; we talked, laughed, tried(mostly successfully) not to run people over, and I learned a lot more about them.
Some may say that ice skating would be a good activity to do with a bf, but as I held the mittened hands of my little friends I didn't want it any other way.
*technically she does change, but she always changes back to herself.
1. I've updated my flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristenmay/)
2. and my etsy account(http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5278330)
3. I went to the store Go Fish today with some friends. I have been to the one in Savannah, GA and I loved it. They go to different countries and buy products from artisans and then sell the products in their stores. The money goes directly to the artisans of the third world countries. I would love to have a store like this, but maybe have more items that are locally made (including children's art:).
4. For Christmas, elizabeth and I donated to organizations rather than exchanging presents. In honor of me she gave to Artists United for Christ, Inc. (which is an awesome organization that I wrote about a while back)!
5. I'm learning to rip-stick (it's like a skateboard but it only has 2 wheels and the board moves...). It's really hard, I'm not good at that kind of stuff, but it's fun. =]
6. I learned that I like deer meat.
7. (this isn't really an update) I want to put my toms bumper sticker on my car, but I think I'll wait until I'm done with BCC. Then I can take my BCC sticker off and put the Toms one where it was. (I'm thinking that the BCC sticker is not going to come off easily or be pretty).