More Lists.

Wednesday

I love lists. I make lists for everything. From the very common shopping lists to the very effective pro-con lists (for all major decisions). With today being New Years Eve (just barely-12:30ish) I have been thinking about the new upcoming year. I have also been thinking about what has happened in 2008. I made a list. =] It was of all (or a lot) of new things I did this year. It was pretty long which made me happy because it's a shame to waste a year without many new experiences. But I've also gotten nervous because I know I will be doing much more in 2009. I am looking forward to many things that are quickly approaching, but I am much more comfortable with the things I did in 2008. Things that kept me close to home, near my family, and mostly in my comfort zone. I did branch out in a few ways and I definately feel like I have grown a lot over the past year...but I see more growth to come.

I'm reading a book by Ken Gire (one of my favorite authors) called The Divine Embrace. It compares a life with Jesus to a dance with Him. I don't know how to dance or what the next step is but I follow Jesus' lead and put all my trust in Him. There are different parts in the dance, some slow, some confusing, and you never know what will happen next. But with each step you learn a little more and you grow. Not only do you learn to trust your partner (or leader) but you learn to love Him.

As I enter this new year, I don't want to make lists of expectations, I want to follow Jesus' lead and grow. I don't want to look too far ahead and get nervous (and stumble) I want to keep my focus on Him. Let Him lead me in our dance.

0 comments.: