November.

Wednesday

I love Fall. I love that it's November. The time change is a little weird and I haven't quite gotten (got? gotten?) used to it but I like the cool(ish)ness. I've had a pretty light week for school assignments so far...not really looking forward to this weekend though. But here's my update. =]

-I'm making my first quilt! My grandma has been here the last week and she's been teaching me.
-I tried to carve my pumpkin but my pumpkin failed me because it was too hard. I could hardly get the knife in it. (I made my mom try too, just to make sure it wasn't my lack of strength that was causing the problem...it wasn't). (It was a cute pumpkin too- it had pumpkin warts:)
-I bought a new pumpkin, it's a pale orange and really pretty...I'll hopefully be carving it soon.
-I started reading Leota's Garden, but I haven't gotten very far. I keep getting distracted.
-I returned to finish observing an ESOL (english for speakers of other languages...or something like that) class at BCC (I have to get observation hours for my Diversity class) and I was reunited with my friends from other countries. (Brazil, Pueto Rico, Germany, Saudi Arabia, and some others...) They are all so nice and friendly. I gave them my email address (the teacher's suggestion) so we can keep in touch!
-All politics/parties aside, I think it's super exciting that the we have a black man for a president.
-Anna Rose can walk far when we hold her hands!!!
-I'm in a group in my speech class and I was chosen to be the group leader! What? I'm not a leader, I'm a follower...like a sheep, I follow. And my group wanted me to have an important part in our next speech because I was apparently one of the best (according to them...I assure you I'm not a good speecher).
-I saw City of Ember with my sisters. It was really good! I was surprised, I love the book and was expecting the to be a lot different.
-I've decided not to use SR 46 for traveling farther that 10 minutes. Everytime I go somewhere on that road I get really lost...

Happy Fall.

0 comments.: